Active reading

                                   

                                                https://www.jstor.org/stable/40032565


In todays blog, I will delve into my understanding of this paper (ILA) written by Ernest Balajthy and published by the (ILA). In my reading, I found that for a critical reader it has its implications. The author goes back and forth using juxtaposition relating to a school teacher's constructive material towards children, in which doesn't enhance clarity at all for me personally. It felt more like a waste of time to read through it in which I used the "pseudo Skimming" to get the the main narrative point. There's no mere gratification or satisfactory of reading such a long paragraph as it drives me to lose my retention of the paper. This also leads me to my other point. This paper is primarily aimed at all education systems with condensed, constructive material to enhance there own capabilities to develop a routine for students to help shape there own learning. The reason I think that is that many of the paragraphs often mentions learning tools as in "self- questioning teaching strategies" or "teaching manuals" and "test-wiseness exercise" and so on. This clearly indicates towards education departments , specially teachers to ensure guidance to familiarise them with material to rehearse per say to show the "metacognitive" of the students. I totally agree that there is two opposing views of retention in this paper. There's the first one that relates towards teachers/education system and second the individual reading the paper. What I mean by the individual reading the paper is "beyond literal interpretation". The author is using figurative language to convey a point of learning. Its using similes to capture you as a teacher guiding yourself to understand the what the author wants you to know, the ability to create a sense of place, a better visionary of the paper than just black text. The most useful part of the paper would be the constructive teaching materials. Earlier on in my blog I did say that this had implications with critical readers but without this implication it wouldn't explore "beyond literal interpretation" for me as this allowed me to develop a complete sense of place in which helped me interpreted a balance of visionary exploration and utilise more reading techniques. I applied the first two reading ideas (critical reading techniques) and (active reading) in this task as to be efficient as possible reading and analyse critically of texts that bring importance to my questions or understandings that I have wrote down next to me to evaluate further. These ideas helped me shape the blog that I have created today for you and increased my perception of techniques that will be used to my advantage. In conclusion, I found this source be reliable and effective way of learning. Its been a pleasure reading this piece by Ernest Balajthy and as always Thank you for reading my blog today. -Jason

Comments

Popular Posts